08 oktober, 2009

I won the experience, Judith the job

Today is the day.

It's the day of the finales for becoming brand manager Dance4Life in South Africa. It's exciting and of course I am nervous in positive way. In my previous week and days I did research by reading, mailing, made interesting appointments about future cooperations and background information about South Africa that it feels like I was already on this job!
And today it's time to perform on stage. I took the train to Amsterdam, one earlier to catch an Americano Tall at Starbucks (it's the best start of the day). During my trip my phone was constantly vi-bring with good luck messages and phone calls of the mayo-ambassadors. Really that was giving me so much more enthusiasm and energy while looking outside the train window and watching the morning sun; this is my day!!!

So full of faith I stepped into the room and the interview started with the surprise that the job interview would be in English. Of course no problem, I thought, but during my sparkling moments I found the English got me on my nerves. The answers and motivation missed the 'mayo-sauce' which I prepared in Dutch and is distinguishable and common for me. In the 40 minutes of performing I did the best and it was out of my hands and up to the jury to decide.
The best candidate will win this job! It's one of the big five, maybe the leopard (that's me), who knows...

In the afternoon I crashed at the lovely ij-kantine location on Amsterdam-Noord (right next to the MTV studio's where the finales took place) to relax and waiting for the declare of challenge! This was a challenge apart cause the worst habit of me is waiting and I cradled on the couch. Although I laughed with my friends, drink sourcy red (the sparkling source, like it was meant to be that this location was serving this brand ...), some good wine to celebrate the good day and opportunities the time was passing by like a gardin snail (to slow in moving that you could not be watching it for more then a few seconds).

Anyway the time passed by and around 6 o'clock I was standing on stage with the 4 other candidates full of nerves and swing to and fro with my hands and foot. In the last call I told the audience that I want to make a difference by creating a chain of activities based on my slogan; looking for opportunities to create a world of possibilities. And finally after those hours waiting was the floor for dance4life jury, finally! 'The jury was pleased to speak and met 5 enthusiastic and energetic people. My proved knowledge and experience in marketing, communication, brand management and events fits to the job. They really believe that I was able to build and activate a strong brand of dance4life.'
Beat the rolls ... and the winner is ....

DAMN NOT ME! Unfortunately not me. Damn again. I am disappointed and of course I am because this job opportunity was great and fits to the profile for me in a job; make a world of difference and use and extent my knowledge and experience in marketing/communication/brand management and events to help the world.

Ok, let's face it: this was a great experience and I was on the finales based on my motivation and resume. I won the experience. And I know for sure that I really want to make a world of difference so I am STILL looking for that environment to work in.
With a sparkling thought I end with my personal drive; look for opportunities to create a world of possibilities. And keep in mind: together we can dance4life!



Special thanks to Susan and Tessa from Dance4Life, Vodafone Foundation Netherlands, personal support of Claire and Ilona, the other mayo brand ambassadors and good luck to Judith.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten